Monday, November 26, 2012

Little Men in My Head

According to the walk-in clinic, I have a sinus infection that moved to my eye, ear, and throat, and was working it's way to my lungs.  I beg to differ.

I know what I feel, and I'm pretty sure there is a little man in my head that is stabbing my eyeball.  And another one that is using my eardrum as a trampoline.  I even told the nurse that.  I'm pretty sure I'm right, because why else would they give me an antibiotic the size of my head to kill some tiny little bacteria?  They're trying to get rid of something much bigger, and they know it.

My family may think I'm delirious.  But I know that the combination of Robitussin and lack of oxygen is just giving me clarity.  I didn't really forget to lock the front door this morning.  I have an abnormal, extreme paranoia about leaving doors unlocked.  I check them twice, even three times.  My husband is just trying to convince me the little men have also gotten to my brain!

And while the antibiotic appears to have moved the little men from my throat, I think they just moved to my stomach.  I think I would rather they move back.

I need something to help me forget about the little men.  That is why they have wine.  And Pepto-Bismol.

No comments:

Post a Comment