Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Memories


Two of the memories I will hold of today have nothing to do with gifts or traditions, but are just silly moments having fun with family.  So often it really is the little things that bring us moments of joy.

On the way to my brother’s house today, my son was looking around at empty parking lots and asked what is open on Christmas.  I told him there were a few fast food places and restaurants, and bored him with my story of working one Christmas day at Taco Bell as a teen.  I told him Walgreens would be because it has a 24 hour pharmacy.   He pondered over this information.  Later, when my brother jokingly offered my son a root beer float due to his penchant for the bottomless ones at Red Robin, then told him he had neither root beer or ice cream, Aiden let him know Walgreens was open and would have both! 

On the way home, someone noted that Burger King was open.  This led to my son, my husband, and I pointing out each and everything that was open on our drive home, trying to beat each other to say it.  “We can make a game of anything,” Aiden laughed.  Yes, we can.  And in case you are curious, Burger King, McDonalds, Walgreens and CVS, and liquor stores are the hands down winners.

Next year, I may have forgotten what we gave each other for gifts, but I will certainly remember I can get the ingredients for rootbeer floats, a cheap burger, and a bottle of whiskey any day of the year!

That’s why they have wine.  Liquor stores even stay open so you can get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment