Sunday, April 19, 2020

The New Reality

So we are living in a new reality.

One where my kid with learning disabilaties and neurological issues is a senior in high school, with, after a lot of hard work, there is a good GPA and not only a college acceptance, but a scholarship.

We're doing school online. We don't know what graduation will be. Non-existent? Online? Happening a year from now?

We don't know if his first semester at college will be AT college. We're doing Admitted Student Day online next weekend.

I have worked from home for a large company for 6 years, my husband is an essential worker and goes to work everyday. I've done grocery delivery for a year and a half, not much new here, except that toilet paper, cleaning wipes, and eggs are about impossible to find.

But what has changed?

I miss my friends. I miss being able to use my Disney pass. I miss baseball, and am mourning for our empty season ticket seats that are already paid for that I can't use. I miss hanging out at our local cigar lounge (husband smokes, I drink wine, lol). I miss just being able to get out of the house, including driving my son to school everyday at the crack of dawn.

I've realized I've seen every movie on the Lifetime Movie Network.😂 I resorted to watching Tiger King. I'm so tired of my house. I was excited to have to go out to pick up prescriptions. I'm actually looking forward to going to the dentist on Monday (broken wisdom tooth, real emergency).

I don't like this new life. And I don't think our old life is ever coming back, things will change.

And it sucks.

And that's why they have wine.



No comments:

Post a Comment