Thursday, April 3, 2014

Through the Eyes of My Crazy, Somewhat Weird Child


When my child was a preschooler, he was often a great source of entertainment in the things he would say, but I have to admit, it was nothing compared to today.  Despite other issues middle school age may bring, he has never made me laugh more.

Today alone he has been a constant mood-lifter. 

This morning, on the radio, there was a bit about how many years of our lives we spending doing things like sleeping and working.  He has been thinking about this concept all day.  When we got home this afternoon, a salesman knocked at our door and after was able to interrupt him and tell him no thank you and closed the door, Aiden said “We only have like 4 months of free time, we don’t have time to hear about windows!”

His new thing, on the way home from school, he wants me to let him out of the car about ½ mile from home so he can try to race the car.  Yes, sure kid, you will someday win.  Not!  But hey, it’s even better when you tell him you saw an alligator as you let him out, right next to the river.

During baseball practice, another parent was talking to him and said something about him being about 4’6”.  “I AM FOUR FOOT NINE!”  God forbid you short him some height.  He now has a new nickname, “Four Foot Nine of Awesomeness” (Thanks, John!).   I have been calling him that all night.  He said the name is too long, we might need to shorten it.  I asked, “’Four Foot Nine’ or ‘Awesomeness?’”  He replied, “Of.”

Before he went to bed, we watched tonight’s Big Bang Theory which we had DVR’d.  His favorite character is Sheldon.  I’m pretty sure that is because he is the preview of my child as an adult.  If you want to know what my life at home is like, watch a few episodes.  (And then you’ll understand the name of my blog!)  I had to pause it so that he could go into his own diatribe of how he completely agreed with Sheldon on the naming of the Xbox One.  And then I had to hear all about it again when I went to tell him goodnight!

And that’s why they have wine.  Because even the best moments in life go better with a good Pinot Noir.

No comments:

Post a Comment