Monday, June 10, 2013

Y Must U Write Like This?


“U aint got no f*****g idea what u b talkin bout.  I went 2 grad skool and no one b hiring me.  Its just who u no not what u no.”

If you write like this, let me smack you upsi….I mean share a secret.  No one is hiring you because you can’t write.  Or you think it’s more important to play stupid cool than show that you have knowledge.   No 1 b hiring u cause u sound like n idiot. You get the picture.  Or do you?

Sometimes I feel like I need to go get a lobotomy so I can actually read some of the things I see online.  I really don’t understand why people feel the need to write that way.  You could have the highest IQ in the world, but if you write in that manner, it just makes me wonder which you are, stupid or lazy.  I’m just stuck right there too, anything else you may be saying has lost all credibility, if I can even make it past your first sentence.

The other day I read a post with perfect grammar, but every ending “s” was replaced by a “z” – something like “The schoolz are more concerned with the children’z test scorez than their gradez.”  Seriously?  I’m glad I’m not your kid’z teacher.

Yes, I understand it is easier to text “4ever” than “forever.”  However, if you can’t take the ½ second to type 2 extra characters, is your message all that important to begin with?  Does using a “z” instead of an “s” make you think that you stand above others?

It actually doesn’t bother me if people have random misspellings or don’t have perfect grammar.  It’s the PURPOSEFUL mangling of the language that gets to me, and to those that might be hiring you.

When it comes down to it, in most cases, it IS what you know that will get you that job, and knowing how to write a sentence correctly is just one of those things people look for.  U can continue 2 rite like this and blame others for ur lack of employment, or you can choose to write like this and let people know you have a brain in there somewhere. 

Now back to trying to decipher some of the posts online.  And that’s Y they have wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment